While Buy Here Pay Here dealerships have been around for decades, Craigslist has become a massive resource for Internet car shoppers since the mid 90s, offering lots of ways for a driver to connect with available vehicles in his or her area. Heck, we've even found personal vehicles for ourselves on Craigslist from time to time. But Buy Here Pay Here (aka, "BHPH") transactions are distinctly different than car purchases made on Craigslist.
Buy Here Pay Here Versus Craigslist: Breaking Down the Details
- Craigslist is great if you want to just write a check for a car. BHPH dealerships like Easton Motors are more about credit restoration, and work with people who don't have the cash flow to just buy a car outright.
- Craigslist is great if you like arranging financial transactions on the fly, and don't need the certainty of a car with a warranty.
- BHPH lots are great for people who need a used car with a warranty.
- BHPH offers drivers installment loans. Craigslist transactions are gentlemen's agreements between buyer and seller.
- Craigslist is great for people who want a used car project. BHPH dealerships hand-pick their vehicles, and the more reputable ones also offer warranties, roadside assistance, and even include oil changes.
If you're looking for a used car for just a few thousand bucks, then Craigslist could be a great resource for you. If you're looking to get something more out of a car purchase--whether that's rebuilding your credit, getting a car with a warranty, or buying a car that's been expertly maintained and repaired--then a Buy Here Pay Here dealership is probably going to be your better option.